KINITIATIVE is soliciting financial backing to ultimately raise $1,000,000 for the construction of four strategically located sustainable Trekking Stations/Community Centers for the purpose of providing free healthcare training services and technology education for girls in rural communities in Gambia, West Africa.
ALLOCATION OF FUNDS
- Building Structures (4 Stations) $400,000 (40%)
- Healthcare Training and Administration $150,000 (15%)
- Technology Education for Girls $100,000 (10%)
- Business Setup and Operation - Office, Licensing and Staffing $100,000 (10%)
- KIN Commerce - Sustainability Funding Initiative $250,000 (25%)
KIN Construction - Budget $400,000
Four Trekking Station/Community Centers to provide:
- Free healthcare service
- Technological education for girls
- Host community events - weddings, celebrations, meetings, etc.
- Utilize solar energy to help power trekking stations
Technology Education for Girls - Budget $100,000
Each Trekking Station/Community Center will be equipped with a Technology Room that can host a classroom size of at least 15 girls, ages 8-15.
- 10 desktop computers, printers, stationaries - pencils, pens, printer paper, notepads, chalks - library - books and magazines
- 15 desks and chairs, and 1 blackboard
- The communities via the VCD's (Village Development Committee) will have to get voluntary substitute teachers to ensure the smooth running of this program. The idea is to have the communities to be involved and sustain the process without outside intervention.
KIN Healthcare - Budget $150,000
Administer Healthcare Training Workshop for healthcare providers on:
- Infectious Control
- Patient Care
- Patient monitoring
- Patient treatment follow-up
- Administration of medication
- Solicit and ship donated medical equipment and apparatus to Gambia
- Consult Hospital Administrators in Gambia for urgently needed equipment
- Apply for Medical Equipment Grant from World Medical Relief
- Collaborate with other Gambian NGO in the US to gather and ship donated medical equipment to the Gambia
- Administer a Healthcare Forum to discuss with Health Administrators / Agencies:
- National Healthcare Standards, Policies, and Practices
KIN Commerce - Budget $250,000
- KIN Commerce is the commercial wing (for-profit business) of Kinitiative with the sole purpose of commercially selling it's pioneering sustainable construction technology in West Africa to fully and continually fund Kinitiative's core mission after two years
- Kinitiative's self-sustaining funding strategy is a major distinguishing factor from other non-profit and charitable organizations in Africa because through KIN Commerce, Kinitiative will drastically reduce it's dependency on donation to fund it's core mission.
- KIN Commerce Annual Cash Flow:
- 75% of KIN Commerce cash will flow fully to fund Kinitiative (Non-Profit)
- 25% of KIN Commerce cash flow for expansion
Year One - Net Operating Income of $22,000 from it's earthen brick making operation and raise $25,000 on behalf of KINIATIVE, for a grand total cash flow of $67,500; 75% to fund Kinitiative and 25% to expand KIN Commerce.
Year Two - KIN Commerce (Operation - Earthen brick making, Fencing, and Residential Constructions) is projected to make a Net Operating Income of $333,750 and raise $27,500 on behalf of Kinitiative (non-profit) for a grand total cash flow of $381,250; 75% ($285,000) to fund Kinitiative and 25% ($95,131) to expand KIN Commerce.
Year Three - KIN Commerce (Operation - Earthen brick making, Fencing, and Residential Constructions) is projected to make a Net Operating Income of $455,950 and raise $31,625 on behalf of Kinitiative, for a grand total cash flow of $507,575; 75% ($380,681) to fund Kinitiative, and 25% ($126,864) will be maintained as retained earnings/cash reserves to be used as determined by the Kinitiative Board of Directors.